Christmas came early!
Seamus Anthony Gibson was born on Tuesday, December 19th at 12:35 pm.
He was 7 lbs 1 oz & 20 inches long.
I was supposed to have a checkup on Monday the 18th, but my Dr. was on her way to deliver a baby. I mentioned to the nurse that my contractions were 5 min apart on Saturday, but without pain & she told me that the next time they were that far apart I was to go straight to the hospital. That night we were timing them & they were 4-7 min. apart & were actually sorta painful, so we went in-totally thinking that they were just going to send us home. I was 3 cm when I got there at 11:30pm & they monitored me for an hour. I was maybe 3.5 when they called my Dr. Apparently she doesn’t mess around, because she told them to admit me & to start me on pitocin. So I got the pitocin, they hooked up my epidural, broke my water-all in like an hour! Luckily my mom drove in that day, so we called her & told her we wouldn’t be coming home without a baby : ) He wasn’t moving down very fast & I was dilating really slowly. I didn’t start pushing until 11 or so the next morning. I pushed for an hour & he was still pretty high up. The epi was starting to wear off, it looked like I was going to tear & I was SO tired & frustrated. My Dr. gave me the choice of an episiotomy with the vacuum or a C-section & I chose the C-section. As soon as they rolled me into the O.R. & got me on the table, I passed out. I woke up right after he came out. It was only like 10 minutes or something, but it felt like forever! I don’t remember feeling anything, not even any pressure. I was just so glad to have him out of me! The cord was wrapped around his neck, so it was probably better that I got the C-section anyway. I don’t know how bloody or poopy anything got : ) I wish I would’ve asked! We stayed at the hospital until Thursday. I was so glad to be home! We’ve all settled in well. Seamus had an ultrasound of his kidneys & everything looks really good-we’re so relieved! We went to the lab to have some bloodwork done because he was looking a little yellow. He has a tiny bit of jaundice, but he’s a good eater & a very successful waste eliminator… so we think it’s clearing up on its own. He’s quite a kid. We’re eating every 2 hours or so, so mom is getting no sleep, but I really only feel exhausted when he’s eating. I have been trying to nap, but I should probably be fitting more in than I am. Seamus thinks we’re all nuts-he gives us some pretty funny looks! He hates being naked & hates having his diaper changed & HATES it when you touch his feet. He loves hanging out with his dad & sitting in his swing. He’s just the cutest thing we’ve ever seen & we’re so in love with him! I could hold him all day! He’s already had a bunch of visitors & met some of his new friends-Logan, Benjamin, Miles & Sydney. We can’t wait until he’s old enough to play with everyone! Here’s some pics-I’ll update our shutterfly account soon so everyone can check the rest of them out. Oh, and it snowed the morning he was born! We thought was a very good sign :)





3 Comments:
Awwww, cute!
I didn't even know it snowed in Vegas!
What a Cutie!!!
All of us here in Indiana and Florida say Congrats. Tell Grandma Hi and hug everyone for us.
Love,
Dan, Trina, Nikki,Jenny, Joe, Brandon, Jazmine, Jordan, Keaton and ???
plus Buddy (dog) and Lilly (cat)
MORE UPDATES, PLEASE!
Post a Comment
<< Home